don't like the board style? change it

state your problem and leave
drib
dribnut
dribnut

don't like the board style? change it

Post by drib » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:46 pm

That other cruise board changed its style earlier today ... and then they changed it back.

A style in HTML refers to the way things look, as opposed to the way things work. And if a web page makes use of Cascading Styles Sheets (CSS), it's very easy to change the look of an entire site by simply introducing new CSS.

Recently, drib critic was updated to PHPBB version 3.2, which was both a change in look and the way things work. It turned out that the style I preferred, and that was set as the board default, did not work well with version 3.2. So I am now using one of two available styles.

To change the style for your user id, go to the User Control Panel and click on "Board preferences." After all the radio buttons, there's a selector called "My board style." It should be set to "prosilver Special Edition" - which is mostly shades of gray - no not like the book and movie by that name. You have the option to change the style to "prosilver" - which, it turns out is more blue than silver.

In time, I'm sure there will be more updated styles that for version 3.2, and when those are available, I may make them available to you. (I'm not going to load every style - just the ones I like.)

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styles-2

bodogbodog
dribnut
dribnut

Re: don't like the board style? change it

Post by bodogbodog » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:23 pm

Maybe you could get the Crystal IT guys to help out now that they're supposedly finishing up their great web site and PCPC migration
Boy that's been a joke - even the head cheer leader is now having a go at them for lack of communication - the same one who couldn't wait to tell me a year ago to be patient!