Post by drib » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:30 am

Will be delayed on account of wedding.

Look for it on October 2, maybe 3.

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Re: october 1 updates ...

Post by drib » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:37 pm

New fare names may also be problematic to the Crystal October update!
Dear Valued Travel Partner,

As Crystal continues to migrate Seaware into various facets of our business, we are pleased to update you with the following information as it relates to fares and savings displayed on Crystal Cruises' website and your Crystal cruise-fare feed.

Several weeks ago, Crystal renamed our fares and savings to satisfy a simpler structure that is more transparent and easy to understand in the market place for travel agents and guests alike. To confirm, Crystal's Booking Confirmations now feature new fare and savings terminology as follows:
  • Brochure Fares are now called Cruise Fares
  • Cruise-fare savings are referred to Your Crystal Savings
  • Book Now Fares are now called Your Exclusive Fares
As a reminder, Crystal will no longer call fares "2-for-1.” Crystal's pricing is highly competitive in the luxury cruise industry. Therefore, in an effort to simplify our pricing structure and to be as transparent as possible in market, the relevant fares are now simply called Your Exclusive Fare.

Over the next several days the Crystal Cruises website, crystalcruises.com, as well as your Crystal cruise-fare feeds will begin aligning with the Booking Confirmations as per above for all sailings in 2018 and 2019 (note: all 2017 booking confirmations, feeds, fares, and savings online will continue to display as they do today.)

It is our hope that simplifying our fare structure for the benefit of guests and travel agents has been well received thus far, and we look forward to displaying this new convention online and on your fare feeds.

Please note that this migration will take place on the current Crystal Cruises website only, and not on Crystal's legacy site until further notice. Should you come across any irregularities on crystalcruises.com as the migration is underway, please email websitealerts@crystalcruises.com to report anything of concern.

And finally, as a follow up to the launch last week of Crystal Esprit's new Adriatic and British Virgin Island voyages, please note that your pricing feed for these new voyages will now feature the 10-character voyage numbers for the Adriatic voyages exclusively. The remainder of your Crystal voyages will still reflect the four digit voyage codes. Therefore, please be aware that you will see a mix of four-digit and ten-digit codes in your Crystal pricing feeds.

Thank you for your ongoing support of Crystal while we continue to enhance our systems in order to provide with you with all the tools you need to sell the World's Best!

Sincerely,

Crystal

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Post by drib » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:47 pm

There were 1427 fare changes to 117 trips!

Offhand, I can tell you they are all or nearly all fare increases. You're going to have to research it yourselves today because I have a lot of wedding photos to process!

drib
dribnut
dribnut

Post by drib » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Here are some more detailed statistics from Red Monday. These are all based on an H Cabin, and remember that I don't track combined cruises - just the shortest segments. And I am using the new option to compare the current fare to the last known fare (as opposed to comparing the current fare to the original fare).

Explorer
27 affected trips with increases from 0.7% (several) to 3.1% (November 2018 Lisbon to Cape Town)

Voyager
33 affected trips with increases from 0.5% (February 2018 Sydney to Auckland) to 17.2% (Christmas 2018 Miami RT)

Mariner
26 affected trips with increases from 0.3% (December 2018 Sydney RT) to 5% (April 2019 Tokyo RT)

Navigator
25 affected trips with increases from 0.4% (several) to 4.9% (November 2018 Miami - Amazon)

That only accounts for 112 trips, but I suppose there could have been 5 trips where H was unaffected. Note that there are now only 303 trips in my database, counting charters (like D-Day). So roughly one-third of all trips went up in price!

Also note that this trip changed from 11 to 7 days so I removed the old pricing:

http://rollcall.dribcritic.com/rollcall.php?trip=5693